In 2014, this group emerges from the combination of three uncommon instruments such as accordion, percussion and txistu (traditional Basque flute).
In the origins of ZUKAN, the repertoire for this instrumental combination was non-existent. For this reason, its members decided to promote a project in collaboration with different composers, with the intention of creating a new repertoire.
The only stipulation imposed on the creators was to give their particular vision of such an atypical instrumental combination. All other parameters: duration, instrumentation, aesthetics, etc., were entirely up to the composer’s choice.
It is the principal project of the group, where every composer enjoys the opportunity to show his own sonorous look about the trio. Zukan gives a new voice to its instruments and search new goals for them in an intense collaboration with contemporary composers.
It is a Suite composed by Francisco Dominguez where electronic music, live music, poetry and dance are mixed. The totality of all this disciplines builds a show where tradition and forefront are perfectly integrated.
The investigation of electronic resources is the new proposal of the trio for 2019. The idea is to implement a groudbreaking view in their repertoire with the collaboration of Hugo Morales, Juan Luis Montoro and Brais Novoa.
Musical story written and composed by Urtzi Iraizoz. It is intended to children between 3 and 6 years with the aim of educate them through the music and focus on different social issues.
COMISSIONED BY ZUKAN (for trio)
- Hamaika ilargi (2015)- Jagoba Astiazaran
- Seis miradas sobre ... (2016)- Francisco Dominguez
- Lantz (2016) - Mikel Chamizo
- A pebble on a distant shore (2017)- Vasileios Phillipou
- Begiratu (2018)- María Eugenia Luc
- Etorkiz eta Izatez (2018)- Isabel Urrutia
- New piece (2019)- Helga Arias
- (2019)- Sofia Martínez
TRIO PIECES (not comissioned by Zukan)
- Tierkreis (1974-75)- K. Stockhausen
- Ceci n'est pas une balle (2010)- Alexander Esperet
DUO PIECES (not comissioned by Zukan)
- Haize- orratz (2009)- Gabriel Erkoreka
- Metal Work (1984)- Magnus Lindberg
- Retrouvailles (2013)- Georges Aperghis
- Una mirada a sus vidas (2017)- Francisco Dominguez
- New piece (2019)- Hugo Morales
- New piece (2019- Brais Novoa
- New piece (2019)- Juan Luis Montoro